Sunday, April 22, 2007

Earth Day - 22nd April.

Dear Green House,

Today is Earth Day.

Since we are the 'Green' House,
the P4s, P5s and P6s have already saved paper by writing in their pupil
handbook.

Well done!

Click here
to see what kids from some parts of USA have done.

Related article from Singapore: Click here.

I would like to know what you have done or could do for Earth Day.
Did you recycle paper?
Do you print on both sides of the paper?
Did you plant a tree?
Did you turn off the electricity when you leave the room?

The motto we are representing is Thrift. Do not waste.
Are you wasting paper? wasting electricity?

Click on comments and tell the Green House what you have done!

Green House ROCKS!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today I made sure, I printed a few documents using both sides of the paper. It took longer than usual, because I had to flip over the sides but I thought it was worth it. Tomorrow, I must remind myself to throw away paper into the recycle bins in school. Green House you do yoru part too!

Anonymous said...

I have saved electricity by switching off lights and fans when I leave the room. I have also avoided switching on lights and fans when I could see or bear the heat. I would remind myself to contribute to the recycling corner in school and try not to open the fridge for a very long period of time as this will increase the rate of global warming.

Anonymous said...

That is a truly important message! We're the GREENIES and it's our duty to be fair to Earth. It's not like we can go shopping somewhere else.

Good luck for all those involved in the races!

Cheerleaders, yell your hearts out and motivate our representatives!

I have absolute faith in you all!

Love,
Miss Bhuvanesh

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with Felicia about leaving the door of the fridge for too long. I recycle the following items:
a) printed paper by printing or writing notes on the other side. b) plastic bags to throw waste papers and such
c) containers for food and water

I will keep the used cans and pass them to the old man who collects them.

Hope these efforts help to contribute to the green environment.

Ms Khong

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I didn't know it was Earth Day on Sunday. Thank you Mr Dass.

Though I also do the usual stuff like print on recycled paper and so on, I must admit that I can actually do more!

I think that the move to charge us for the plastic bags that we use at supermarkets is a great leap towards saving the environment!

Here's to Green House and let this year be the year that Green House Rules!

Mrs Chor

Anonymous said...

I agree with Felicia. I have saved electricity by switching off lights and fans when I leave the room. I have also avoided switching on lights and fans when I could see or bear the heat. Together, we can save the Earth!